From all of the various input we’ve collected as a part of this process, a vision for the city’s future has been crafted based off your suggestions, ideas, and creativity.
We seek to provide high-quality, year-round recreation, a strong workforce, and a variety of life experiences with intention to ultimately become a welcoming place to live, work, play, and stay for all.
A vision statement describes a community’s values and aspirations and a shared image of what residents want their community to become over the next 15 years in the future. The statement is an over-arching narrative that filters throughout the plan and informs the goals, policies and action direction
Guiding principles highlight those elements that are important to the community and are key to the achievement of the community’s vision.
- Continue enhancing Brainerd’s neighborhoods in ways that encourage safety and a sense of community.
- Champion the range of employment opportunities available in the Brainerd Lakes Area (BLA).
- Promote the development and redevelopment of housing for a range of densities, types, price points.
- Highlight, maintain and enhance the recreational assets/opportunities located within Brainerd.
- Celebrate the unique qualities, attributes, and identities of Brainerd’s neighborhoods
- Expand and enhance high quality rental opportunities in Brainerd by continuing to encourage best practices and accountability.
- Active in downtown revitalization, supporting existing business, new business development, housing, and cultural events all with Brainerd’s historic character.
- Maintain and enhance infrastructure, and recreational assets by considering both form and function.